Want a sneak peek into how we run our business at ProcessDriven? Layla’s Lookback is our new video series dedicated to going behind the scenes on our membership, our processes, and (of course) our ClickUpUse our ClickUp affiliate link! account.
This “episode” will cover June 2021 to August 2021.
We’ll discuss hiring employees (vs. contractors), documenting our automations, and the growing pains with scaling our systems. Then we’ll break down key metrics like our ClickingUp membership growth, the number of students in the ClickUp beginner course (How to ClickUp), and the biggest adventures you didn’t even know we faced!
Since our viewers and readers don’t often get a full behind-the-scenes look at everything that goes into ProcessDriven, we thought we’d take the time to go over everything that happened over the past few months.
Over the past few months, ProcessDriven has grown in all-new ways and we’re excited to share all the nitty-gritty details.
This will mostly cover:
- Expectations – what we expected from ProcessDriven over the past summer
- Reality – the break down of what actually happened
- Looking Forward – the things we’re the most excited about in the future for ProcessDriven
Expectations for the Summer 2021 Quarter
At the start of June, Layla mapped out three major things she wanted to have done by the end of August:
- ClickingUp 3.0 would go live.
- Hire to double our capacity / clean up SOP’s to make that easier
- Upgrade 2 core systems: DubsadoUse our Dubsado affiliate link! and MembervaultUse our MemberVault affiliate link!
Of course, these were just the overall goals and plans, so let’s break down what actually happened.
The first project: ClickingUp from 2.0 to 3.0
In the past, ClickingUp 2.0 was more feature-by-feature steps to ClickUp mastery. Then, it was how to use these features to build your process.
The new vision for ClickingUp 3.0 was going to focus more on building processes first and then putting them into some various ClickUp features.
The result: SUCCESS! We were able to complete this project and implement it within our course.
The second project: Double capacity project
At the start of the Spring, ProcessDriven had:
- 2 full-time employees + contractors
- 3 meetings/month
- 5-day work week
- Layla owned 100+ processes
As of this Fall, we now have:
- 2 full-time, 2 part-time, 2 QT + contractors
- Across four different states!
- 9 meetings/month
- 4.5 day work week
- Layla owns 39 processes
One major thing we learned from this project was that often businesses have a lot more SOP’s, access, and documentation than they realize. It’s not an easy thing to take the work of one person and now give it to two people! It helped illuminate the things we needed to upgrade and fully work out.
The result: We hired everyone we needed to! It took longer than expected, but we’re so happy to have the new team members who love the process just as much as we do.
The third project: Upgrade 2 core systems: Dubsado and Membervault
The result: Dubsado is gone! Membervault is still ongoing…
Let’s Look at the Numbers
Members in the course: started at 244 and ending at 402.
Vault resources: started at 36 and ended at 43.
The number of our docs: started at 186 and ended at 247.
Other highs and lows
- Layla finally received paid vacation and a higher salary
- Understands this model, finally! Fully got on board with being a membership business vs. service providers
- Initial sponsorships and hitting 10K subscribers
- Layla is an employer! New and old hires amazing me
- Slowing welcome calls
- Being a ClickUp-centric business during bugfest 2021
- The new job of management is a weight vs “real work”
- August is always a slow month
- Flurry of theft, both overt and subtle with terms and practices
Some things ProcessDriven can look forward to in the future:
- Increase intention with marketing workflows
- Complete website upgrades
- Quarterly team planning in October
- Platform Agnostic Framework
Join us again LIVE on Sept. 15, 2021 at 1pm EST for our second episode of the FREE ClickUp Blueprint Webinar! Register or catch the replay here.